Sustainable Living Tasmania (SLT): Tasmanians working together to prepare our communities for the challenges of the future.
Tasmania to lead the world on climate mitigation and adaption and that our island becomes an example of what is possible when we address the climate and ecological crises without leaving anyone behind.
We exist to help create the conditions necessary to enable Tasmanian communities, governments, individuals and businesses to take action for an island that contributes to a safe global climate and is ecologically sound.
We educate, facilitate, and catalyse communities for action.
We do this by:
- Connecting organisations and people with each other
- Inspiring hope and possibility by seeding ideas, sharing solutions and showcasing successes
- Supporting communities to develop their own actions and activities
- Advocating for change as a powerful collective of sustainability organisations across the state
We Know That
- There is no time to lose
- We are stronger together
- We need to work beyond the usual geographies and communities
- Good work can be done across party lines
- Something is better than nothing
- From little things big things can grow
Click here to read our Members’ Newsletters